- ip : (Turkish - English dictionary)
1. light rope, cord; string. 2. prov.
to jump rope. cambazı
ropedancer, tightrope walker. e çekmek
/ to string (someone) up, hang (someone). ini çekmek
/ to keep (someone) under control. le çekmek
/ to be anxiously waiting for, be counting the days until. i çözmek
to sever relations with someone. i çürük
undependable. e dizmek
/ to string. leri elinde olmak
/ to exercise covert control over (something). e gelesice/gelesi
1. low-down, damned. 2. bastard, scoundrel. inceldiği yerden kopar. proverb
Trouble begins at a weak spot. ipullah sivri külah
(someone) who has neither family nor possessions. kaçkını colloq.
gallows bird, person who deserves to be hanged. ten kazıktan kurtulmuş colloq.
hardened criminal, thug. ini kesmek slang
1. to run away, flee, clear out. 2. /ın
/ to leave (someone) penniless. i kırık slang
ne´er-do-well, hoodlum, hood. i kırmak slang
1. to slip away; to clear out. 2. to quit one´s job. 3. to sever relations with someone. ini kırmak slang
to get out of hand, become unmanageable. i koparmak
1. to quit one´s job. 2. to sever relations with someone. ten kuşak kuşanmak
to become poor. iyle kuyuya inilmez.
You can´t depend on him. merdiven
rope ladder. e sapa gelmemek
to make no sense; to contain contradictions. e sapa gelmez
1. confused; inconsistent; nonsensical. 2. vagabond, shiftless. i sapı yok. colloq.
It has no rhyme or reason. ini sürümek
to deserve to be hanged (for one´s crimes). ini sürüyüp gezmek
to wander around aimlessly, kill time. takmak
/ to try to harm (someone) behind his back. takmamak
not to give a damn (about). in ucu elinde olmak
/ to be in control of things. in ucunu kaçırmak
to let things get out of hand, let something get out of control, let things go too far. e un sermek
to give someone a song and dance, try to put someone off with impossible excuses.