- nefes : (Turkish - English dictionary)
1. breath. 2. puff, draw, drag (on a pipe, cigarette). 3. instant, moment. 4. breath which has healing power (and which is blown upon the sick). 5. poem (sung by dervishes). 6. slang
hashish, hash. alamamak
1. to be unable to breathe properly. 2. to be very busy, not to have time to catch one´s breath. aldırmamak
/ to work (someone) very hard, not to give (someone) a chance to catch his breath. almak
1. to breathe; to breathe in, inhale. 2. to feel relieved, breathe freely. 3. to take a short break, catch one´s breath; to rest. 4. to live, breathe. borusu anat.
1. to take a puff, draw, or drag (on a pipe, cigarette). 2. slang
to smoke some hash. 3. slang
to have sexual intercourse, have sex. darlığı
1. shortness of breath. 2. asthma. etmek
/ to blow one´s breath upon (someone) (to cure him/her of an ailment). kesici
breathtaking, thrilling; suspenseful, suspense-filled. i kesilmek
to be thrilled: O manzara karşısında herkesin nefesi kesildi.
That view took everybody´s breath away. i kesilmek/daralmak/tutulmak
1. to have difficulty breathing. 2. to gasp, catch one´s breath. nefese
out of breath, panting. tüketmek
1. to talk at great length, talk until one is blue in the face. 2. to expend a lot of hot air for nothing, waste one´s breath. vermek
to breathe out, exhale.