- yaka : (Turkish - English dictionary)
1. collar. 2. side (of a stream, body of water, or street). sı açılmadık
unheard-of (curse, obscenity). sına asılmak/yapışmak
/ to hound, badger, bedevil, not to leave (someone) in peace. dan atmak
/ to get rid of, get shut of. sını bırakmamak
/ not to leave (someone) in peace, to hound, badger, bedevil. bir tarafta, paça bir tarafta
very disheveled. yı ele vermek
to get caught, be collared. dan geçirmek
/ to adopt (a child). ısırmak
to say God forbid! in horror. sını kaptırmak
/ to let oneself get deeply involved with (someone); to let oneself get deeply entangled in (something). yı kurtarmak/sıyırmak
/ to manage to escape from; to free oneself from. paça
by main force. paça etmek
/ to remove (someone) by main force; to throw (someone) out (by main force). silkmek
/ to get fed up with (someone).
- yakalamak : (Turkish - English dictionary)
/ 1. to catch; to collar, nab; to seize, grab, get hold of. 2. to catch (fish, birds, etc.). 3. to spot, detect, notice, see. 4. to regard (someone) as responsible, hold (someone) responsible.
- yakalanmak : (Turkish - English dictionary)
1. to be caught; to be collared, be nabbed; to be seized. 2. to be spotted, be detected, be seen. 3. to be held responsible. 4. /a
/ to catch (an illness). 5. /a
/ to be caught in (the rain, a storm).